ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Dreams and desires

Yesterday, I had to catch a bus from Zeist back to "hotel mama" Sliedrecht. I had such a great time having diner with my housemates. And I talked to Alette for a while about the desire for a revival in the Netherlands and the prayer to have the same desire for it, as God has. And how we could start to make a difference just in our street in Zeist.
And I went upstairs just to pack my bag. But started to sing and pray to God instead. It was quite funny... just having a good time together with God, but in the back of your mind thinking: "Lord, not now, I want to catch a bus". Hehe... luckily God is there when I'm on a bus. I was just filled with joy and a fresh desire to see God move in my neighbourhood.

This morning I woke up with the simple thought: "We could (as housemates) just start to pray together every week." To seek God for this all. How can we reflect a God that we do not know... to know Him, to spend time with Him, to have an intimate relation with Him is still more important than anything. And the lyrics of this song popped into my mind:

I guess silence is not an option at this stage
I've been comfortable too long now, turn the page
I see shadows all around me
But to me it's proof of Your light

CHORUS:
Show yourself to me, so I can show you to them
Give me what it takes to let me go
There's a world out there that's dyin'

Father please forgive them
For they know not what they do
Father won't You show me how
To have working man hands

You said if you love me you'll obey me, I've wondered why
You gave Your life for those around me, so should I
God forbid that I should stand before You
On that day, with unblemished hands


Jonah33

Does the country where you live decide which dreams you have

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home