ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

hyacinth

It's been an interesting week again.
Confusing, tiring, amazing, surprising,
as the weather was stormy,
so my thoughts were rushing thorough my head.

I started this week waking up too late, I was late for work and was confused during the rest of the day.
But it ended quite well.
Tuesday we had a meeting for the Art-Of-Connecting (www.yfc-zeist.nl) that was really good. Wednesday, ate with a good friend of mine, haven't seen him for a while, so that was really nice.

Thursday...
was kind of hilarious really; We had some new-years-festivity going on at work that evening.
Quite a party that was, with a band playing lot's of Stevie Wonder - and other danceable stuff. Somehow just a few people danced. But it was just fun to be there anyway. I like Stevie, so I was being of the few who danced. It was fun.

Friday!!!!!!!
:-)
Right after work I jumped into a prayer meeting which was close to where I work. It's the national week of prayer or something. I didn't know, I just knew there was a prayermeeting, and I really really REALLY wanted to go there.
It was wonderful to meet perfect strangers from another church. Something within me went 'click' when I met these people. Not because of mutual interests or backgrounds or even the church-culture we are in.
We started with eating together, sang a few songs and then started praying.
Every time I meet other christians... no matter what church they're from, we're one.
We're really all just a part of one body; the body of Christ.
And we're all different,
like a toe is different from an arm,
or your eye is quite different from your stomach.
every part of the body, has a different look, a different function, another thing it does,
and if every part of the body does it's job and is healthy, and is well treated and loved by the other parts, then the body is whole, complete and stable.

Imagine your nose will try to see like your eyes do.
Then your nose will do a horribly poor job smelling, and it will be a pityfull thing to see.
Imagine your nose being your eye, and your eye trying to be your kneecap,
my Lord, your body will be pityfull and totally messed up. And every single part will be really frustrated trying to be/to do what they were never made to be/to do. Your body will end up not functioning at all.

Did you all know one day SOON Jesus is coming back?!
Well He is,
And it sais in the Bible that He will come back to take His Bride, His beloved church,
Believe me,
He is not coming for a bride that is pityfull and messed up.
He is coming for a pure bride.
I believe Jesus wants the chirstians to be ONE
to function as ONE BODY, loving eachother for what they do and the way they do it.

It's just so wonderful to see a glimpse of that during such a simple evening with fellow-christians in my hometown.
And if you're asking me what I'm doing here in Zeist...
I'm determined to use this time in which I'm not really involved in one particular church, to join the different churches and enjoy the way they go with/for Jesus.


Yesterday we had another prayermeeting. Different people, different organisation, same story. God is building His church, and I'm really glad He's got it all figured out.
For more information: http://www.yfc-zeist.nl/ and http://www.jongerengebedsdag.nl/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home