ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sleepy

I tend to collect pictures I find on the internet; usually to underline the mood I'm in, or to illustrate a bible verse that struck me. And other times just because I like them.
And as I was going through some of these pictures to distract myself from studying, I found this one again:



Weeks like this are intense and tiring. Making me silent but it's spinning around in my head as well. I'm so enjoying my work at the moment. I've never learned so many things in such a short amount of time. And Lord knows, I love to understand things! At first I wasn't sure if I was honouring God by throwing myself into job-related things, but every time I ask Him to either confirm me or get me fired, He confirms me.

I'm reading in Proverbs now almost daily (today is the 24st, so I read chapter 24)
Verse five struck me this morning:

  • a wise (wo-)man is strong and is better than a strong man, and a (wo)man of knowledge increases and strengthens his power

.

The Picture - It's one of my favorites - google "Ilya Repin" to see what he is about and to go through some paintings. He's one of the most impressive artists that I know of...

4 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Stevie B said...

So how is Elise doing?

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoi Elise,
wat een prachtige foto!!!! Mijn eerste reactie was: Een zelfportret??? Het geeft echt veel overeenkomsten met jouw uitstraling!! Gaat het inmiddels weer wat beter met je?
Een lieve groet,

Floor

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

foto? tis toch een schilderij?

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Visueliseren said...

Hehehe

Ja... een schilderij
klopt
Maar
Het had een foto van een schilderij kunnen zijn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home