ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Let the wind blow



The wind blowing over a Dutch beach. (I believe it's Schiermonnikoog, but I could be wrong).

I've had a few people asking me to write some more about my experiences in Minnesota. And I'm very sorry I haven't been able to communicatie all that. It has been too much, really... I've been thinking about a way to communicate it... and I can only think of this picture.

Do you know that feeling;
a storm surrounding you, yet it feels you're not a part of it;
the wind is blowing, and you're standing in the midst of the storm...
...
silent.
That's kind of how I'm feeling lately.
Lot's of things are happening,
many people are expecting God to DO great things in this country, DOING things...
and I don't seem to go anywhere, not even getting exited.

It doesn't feel like some devine kind of peace...
...just like a lot of things are happening... and I've learned so much in Minnesota -
many thoughts and "could haves - should haves - would haves" run through my mind -
and I become more silent.

It feels like I'm re thinking what It is that I'm living for. Am I really living for God, or for the money, myself, recognition. Am I really driven by His love in my daily life, or by (churchly) strivings, fears and spiritual appearances.

It blows me away and makes me stand silent at the same time.

picture from www.jeppehoman.nl

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Nice picture, tried to make one just like this once, failed though (bummer). As I looked at your posting, a few rather old and perhaps 'geitenwollensokken' (uhm like...uhm goat-wool-socks-ish) quote's came up, all related to your metaphor of storm and weather. First one is of course (and here I have to excuse to the english readers, but all the quote'es are in dutch, so use www.babelfish.altavista.com or something like that) ' de wind in de rug hebben' often related in someway to 'de wind van voren hebben'. De 'diepe dalen vormen hoge pieken' is perhaps de link between them. Expecially in the mist there's just nothing happening really. And, you can't see witch direction to go (mist, no view, etc. ) 'Je kan de richting van de wind niet veranderen, wel de stand van je zeilen' is perhaps the right solution (solution-ish) to this, almost criptical posting :), but if you don't know your 'koers' (destinition) its rather difficult witch way uout of the mist. And there is offcourse no wind in a mist situation, to make it even more complex. But...as many things..the mist will go away, the wind shall blow again, etc etc etc.....

wow....nautical methaphors...so good
bytheway....You don't use MSN anymore?, and your hotmail email adress isn't working either?

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elise, Hope you find out soon :-). But whatever is the answer to your question... i don't care... as long as we can be friends, it's okay with me. Oh... and now we're on it anyhow, could you find some time to spend on like saturdays... We really really (ok, at least I) miss your company ;-)...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home