ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Monday, August 07, 2006

LimBurg

This weekend, I went to Summer School, which was amazing.
I'll tell you later when I've had the time to let all the impressions sink in and able to communicate all that in an antry like this.
The Summer School was in Ysselstein, near Venroj... did you know that Wikipedia actually had a version in this Dutch dialect? It's fun...

IJselstein (Nederlands Ysselsteyn) is e dörp in de Nederlands-Limburgse gemeinte Venroj, tösse Venroj en Deurne in, op de Pieël, tege de grens mèt Noord-Braobant aon. Op 1 januari 2006 had 't 2154 inwoeners; de groond besleit 3315 hectaar. IJselstein, geneump nao minister H.A. van Ysselsteyn, is pas gestiech in 1921 es kolonie vaan woe-oet de Pielgroond oontgonne woort. Belangriekste bezeensweerdegheid is 't Duits militair kèrkhof, mèt 31.598 doeje oet d'n Twiede Wereldoorlog en zelfs 85 oet d'n Ierste Wereldoorlog. Väöl daovaan zien oet ander graove gehaold en hei herbegraove. Bij IJselstein ligk ouch de Pieëlraamstèlling, 'n stèlling vaan kazematte die es verdeidegingslinie deensdeeg.

anyway,
there was one thing I didn't like; the amazing amount of bugs; flies and especcially wasps.

So... even thought the sun was shining... I didn't stay outside longer than five minutes or so, because the bugs kept bugging me. Besides that it was great.

My mom enjoyed it too, and it was just such a blessing to be able to speak to Loes, Corianne, Henrike, Francine, Steven, Steve, Bobby, Dorien, Bert Doornbos (he's from "Schreeuw om leven"), Marjo and everyone else. I didn't have the chance to really talk to some other people who were there, but still really good to see everyone and meet new people and have brief conversations in between.

So today I had a hard time at work; I really wanted to be there in Limburg...
But God is great: This morning at breakfast, God showed me, that I only had just one sip from a whole bottle of water, and there's a lot more that God wants to give/reveal/do in my life.
So I've tasted and I've seen...
...Yet there's more to come.

2 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ELIIIIIIIIIIIISE!!! HEt was zoooo ontzettend goed om je op de summerschool te hebben....wat is een summerschool zonder jou.... :)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Visueliseren said...

Echt balen dat jij xanga hebt... ik ga niet nOG 'n blog aanmaken om alleen reacties toe te kunnen voegen... maar goed... mailen kan ook...

Ik weet niet hoe jouw leven er volgend jaar uitziet met alle USA-acties...
Maar volgend jaar keukendienst met jou op SUmmer School zie ik iig wel zitten.
k heb VEEEL aan je gedacht

 

Post a Comment

<< Home