ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

He is not cheesy

Something I just thought about today in between the duties at work;
I stood still and in my thoughts I whispered to God: Father, I love You.Thank You that You are sweet.

Just as I prayed that prayer, I thought about how people sometimes have the wrong perspective about what "Kind" or "sweet" means.

My mom, she is really direct in everything she sais and does. Subtle is not her middle name... but she IS really really sweet. I love her. Not because she is always there for me, she is interested in me AND tells the truth. Her goal is never to put me down, but to bring me further.

When I thanked God for His sweetness... I didn't think about His kindness/sweetness as something cheesy. Sometimes when someone tells you the hard truth, it comes in quite hard, but you know that it's actually very kind of someone to tell you the truth even when it's hardYour intuition would say: that's hard but you just know it's the best sometimes when someone is kind enough to step over his own pride to tell you the truth

God's loving kindness endures forever
That sounds sweet...
...and it IS
Which does not mean He'll just silently agree with everything or that your sins don't have any consequenses.and say nothing when you do wrong, but
out of love
out of His kindness
out of His desire to interfere with your daily life
out of His passion for you

He'll convict you of sins, so that you're able to come closer to Him
He'll teach you what way to walk, so you won't go wrong
He'll get you through rough times and hold your hand when you're crying
He'll let you know He IS YOUR HELPER Who is there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home