ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A woman has to know her limitations

Haven’t felt so feminine since a while.

I’m now reading a book titled “not alone, but single”.
Reading it, is like reading a magazine. This book is written by a 30 year young woman who happens to be single and shares her experiences (positive or negative) and how she handles being single in her relationship with God. She’s really honest in that. Married couple will be shocked reading it. But to us (me and my housemates) it’s still very recognizable.
We try to make it a habit to read a chapter out loud every now and then. Yesterday after diner, one of us read a chapter about fixing things in the house (as a single). How we (single women) can feel very handicapped in that area.

And then it happened…
about 3am…
I woke up...
because the board ground -

don’t know the word… but see this picture
managed to slip out of the bed frame - board by board.
I tried ignoring it, but that only worked until half of the boards reached the floor.
3am, half asleep, I sat down next to my bed, a mattress leaning on my head while I was trying to fix this.
So today I thought I’d fix that problem. Right away. As one should.
As I was halfway fixing it… I understood this was NOT going to be a solution.
Everything within me cried: Every one has his talents… this is not yours J

My conclusion now is… to leave it as it was. I’ve been able to sleep on it without any problem for a month now, having to muddle at these boards once every month is acceptable price to pay. So my renewed plans for this afternoon:

- Make another coffee
- Go shopping
- Clean my room
- Go to the evening service of the soul survivor festival to get my frustrations out

That is what I’m good at.

3 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I understand the problem correctly, my solution is to bring the bed to the junkyard and just sleep on the matras... At least that's what I did last summer. Sleeping on the matras on the ground now.

Fixing beds is not my thing either... ;-)

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Stevie B said...

I got a better solution. Stop sleeping, and then you won't need a bed.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Corianne said...

whaaahaaahaaaa. Hilarisch!!!!
Go Girl!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home