ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Control - or - Freak?!

I guess I still want to explain to you all, why the Bible is more than just a book.

  • Consider the story of the two fellows examining the uniquely-designed, high-powered machine.
    As they look, they know it holds great potential TO EITHER BENEFIT OR DESTROY THEIR LIVES – AS WELL AS OTHERS.
    “Whew!” says young Chip, “This machine is dy-na-mite! Start it up NOW”
    “Hang on,” Gary cautions, “First let’s get the scoop on how it operates.”
    “Where do we look?” Chip asks.
    “In the manufacturer’s handbook - where else?” After all, it’s written by the guy who designed the machine. If anyone ought to know about its operation, it’d be him.
    Spending a few minutes studying it, young Chip gets impatient and says: “Look at all those dumb rules and regulations. That designer’s trying to ruin all our fun. Scrap it! Let’s just do it the way we feel.”
    “Are you kidding?!” retorts Gary, “THE DESIGNER IS NOT AGAINST US. He just wants us to learn how to control this thing for maximum use.”
    “Are you sure?”
    “Of course! Why’d you think he designed this thing in the first place – to make our lives miserable or more ENJOYABLE?”
    Young Chip sulks a bit and then lifts his eyes, “Gary, are you sure we should do it his way and not the way we feel?”
    “Shhhh! Let’s get back to studying the handbook so we do everything right. If we do, we’ll keep things under control and GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS THING.”

So the Bible is not like some Christmas gift God gave us, to have a life filled with some real boring lectures and sermons… but He gives it so that we would enjoy Live, and KNOW HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF IT.

When I don't know what my purpose in life is... I check in my Creators/Designers Manual; Bible. For my Designer knows best what He made me for, why He created me. NO OTHER RELIGIOUS STANDARD can point that out for you. I don't care how spiritual some religions may appear... It was God who created you and you need to seek your Creator to know HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE MAX!
To be free! To feel loved, To be able to help, To have joy more than any party/drug/relationship could give you.


This is eternal life… that we KNOW JESUS. And Who is Jesus?
Jesus is the Son of God. He is God's deity in bodily form. Jesus is the Life, He is the Word of God. The Bible is the Word of God.
If I want to live life to the max, I need to know Jesus. How can I do that… by reading AND obeying whatever He says. How do I know what God says? By reading the Bible. :-)


Quoted this from the book “Straightforward” by Larry Tomczak. A book I’m now reading for the second time, I will be reading it more often.

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As we see in the real world, the user manual is often not read at all or just some small parts of it.

The effect on people is that they experience the product in a different way. Not enjoying the product by using its full capacity, but by discovering a new or easier to use feature every ones in a while.

As it is with life. The beauty of it, is that we discover new things every ones in a while. The challenge is to find solutions to problems we find in our way. But the really cool thing about life is that we are capable to do it by ourself. Finding solutions by ourself.

As I don't really believe in God, but are willing to meet you halfway. God made you and I smart enough to handle life without a book. And I still believe that's the interesting part for him about his creation. To see what we make of our lives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home