ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Study and Work

I still work 9 till 5 at some office near my place… “financial advise for mortgages”. But today I had a job-interview.
The interview went totally wrong.
A bit absurd; I was so nervous that I presented myself totally insecure and doubting my choice. While in fact I wanted this job and knew I’d be good at it too.
Strangely enough… this guy who was leading the interview concluded he wanted me to work there. I was surprised, relieved and glad!
The people were nice and (praise God) not too formal, the building is beautiful with a great view on Zeist. And the job… as far as I can judge it… is about as good as it gets!
But I’ll get back on this… because I’m not in a hurray-mood until I actually sign that contract.


Also…
Last weekend I was finally able to visit the youth group of our church. I actually offered to share something about “reading the Bible”, because that is on my heart to share.
I prepared the whole thing the week before, and I wasn’t really so sure about the whole idea. I never read the bible so poorly as last week (actually a confirmation to me that this message was really important). Happily, I got two real constructive confirmations… all together concluded it was good to share something about it.
But when It was my turn to talk I kind of lost it.

Maybe this is the theme of this week. It’s getting all exited but when the moment is there, I loose words to express what is inside. –

And afterwards I started to doubt, if God really wants me to teach. But I know He does. And I know He promised me that I WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT.


While I’m concerned about how I’m going to tell my colleagues, that I want to quit this job ASAP, a lot of things are happening around me; At the most hectic point of the day, my colleague starts asking me how I started believing in Jesus. My best friend is getting married… a lot of things are going on in my family (both my mothers as my fathers side)
I won’t go into details, but It’s just great to open your eyes for the things that are going on. Because in this case the following quote is very suitable to me nowadays: - Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home