ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Straightforward

It been a tiring week.
I'm not going into details, I'm just tired that's all. With that doubting if working 40 hours a week is actually good for me.
Any way, it also gives less time to share stuff on my blog. The following passage from a book I've been reading is so good, that I've been waiting to share it for weeks. So now is the time.

It's about the following situation...
Christians talk about "making a choice to believe in Christ Jesus" Now the question is... why should we choose?! if God desires our love so much, than why wouldn't He just "make us love Him".

Why does He leave the choice to me? WHy doesn't He just force people to come under His Lordship?

If I had the power of hypnotism and a little son, I could put him into a hypnotic state, thus robbing him of the power of intelligent choice. Then I could say: "Kiss me good night" and unfeeling arms would go around my neck, and unresponsive lips would be pressed to mine. I would have prompt and perfect obedience to my every command, but would I find SATISFACTION? NO!
I want a son with a free will who is capable of disobeying me, but who willingly chooses to carry out my instructions, which are the outcome of my love for him and are given for his own good.
[...]
Jesus does not want puppets who jump in a given direction according to the wire that is pulled, nor does He want robots in the form of men who mechanically and absolutely obey His will as do the planets that whirl through space.
The Bible tells us: "Love does not demand its own way" (1 cor 13:5). And since God is love, He can find satisfaction in nothing less than the spontaneous love of our hearts and our freewill decesions to walk in paths that please and honor Him.

[...]
Jesus didn't save us to plop us down in the back pew of a church building, with our chins sagging to the floor, while we sing "Just as I am"and remain "Just as I was".
We serve a liberating smiling Savior, Who began His "Sermon on the mount" - the distilled essence of His Kingdom teaching - by telling us NINE times the result of heeding His words: Blessed are the . . . blessed . . . blessed (meaning: To be sol full of joy as to be envied)


"Straightforward Why wait till marriage" Larry Tomczak

3 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If God doesn't want puppets, then why do some christians and moslims act like one? Why do we need a bible to tell us what is good and what is not. It seems to me the interesting part for God is to see what we people think of it.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Visueliseren said...

If I can give you a proper answer to your question, I'd have to give it later. I'm really feeling sick at the moment...

sorry

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Visueliseren said...

I can happily say that I'm not feeling sick anymore.

I can't really answer your questions... I'm having the same kind of questions every now and then, and I don't want to act like I have all the answers to this day. (k's choice)

I WOULD like to tell you quickly, that I love my Bible. I'm not sure what I would do without it. The Bible tells me about Who Jesus is. I learn about Him by talking with Him (prayer) but also by reading about Him. Reading what God has to say. Every morning I wake up, and I wonder what God has to say. Then I start reading my Bible, and WOW, there it is... God's Words.

If there are people (christians) who go to church on sundaymornings, but act like a mummy, then that's really sad. I don't know WHY they live like that, I just know that that's NOT the life God intended for each one of us.
He wanted us to have life. Abundant in quality AND quantity, full with LIFE and JOY.
Whenever I'm not experiencing that, I know I'm out of God's will. He loves life you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home