ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Teach me

This is my third week without a job.
I actually told the employment office that I'd even clean toilets. But even offering that, did not get me a job. It's not that I'd be actually happy to do clean toilets, but I have the tendency to try to proove myself. Like I only deserve a proper job if I'm willing to clean toilets. It's crazy I know, but that's how my mind works sometimes.
Luckily I'm unable to proove myself having no job at all. So that's one step in the good direction. =)

Anyway,
Last Tuesday was the first evening of a weekly bible-study in Zeist, that I will follow. I try to get to know the people from this church by doing that, but I'm so exited about the teachers. I LOVE my current church, but I've always longed to be a part of a church where some good teachers are able to really OPEN the Bible for me, and now a few (Dutch!) teachers will be there on Tuesdays five minutes walking from where I live. Isn't that just great!


A friend stayed over this weekend. She is about to start her second year in bible college in Sidney. As I asked her to share what she learned, we started talking about our thoughts about the church, and how much things need to be done. And also about teaching.
I'd love to pump some biblical truth about holiness and purity in the Dutch schools and (especially) churches.

The Bible sais that if you want to teach, you'd better DO what you teach!
I just finished reading "The final Quest", and it all becomes clear to me that I should express God's love, rather than impressing people and building my own ego with empty bible-knowledge and being "lady smarty-pants".
This made me think...
...do I really want to teach, and will my motive really be "a love for the people"?!

I'm not really done thinking that through.
Just want everyone reading this, to think about your motives as well.

This soceity is about prestige, status, luxury, entertainment, self - self - self
The worst thing is... many (not all) churches are also more busy building ministries than expressing real love to people and helping them in any need, financially, physically, mentally, material, clothes, food...
Jesus died on the cross, so that we're able to meet the Most High God as a loving Father, to experience His love, and share it! He is not impressed by our knowledge, of things we can do for Him but by a heart that is committed to Him, loving Him, and loving the people He created.

So please, christian or non-christian...
know that there is a God Who, in this world of
entertainment - lies - adultery - sickness - hatery - hopelessness
longs nothing more than to offer you:
an enviable joy despite any circumstances - truth - faithfulness - healing - love - a hopeful future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home