ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Rest it iS

I'm now (again) watching my dad's cat for one night and one day...
It's amazing how much 'nothing' you can do on a sunday evening with no one around...
Tomorrow I'll have to force myself to study...
But there's a time to work and a time to rest... and rest it is!

(moment... tea is ready)

Nice

Enfin
I've decided to put all my energy into this new job... for those who know what I'm talking about: I've had minimum training in C#, and now it seems I'll need to learn ASP.NET as fast as I can to do the tasks they gave me at my job. So I know where to spend my time with :-)
Striking how all this this gets me in my "old" rhythm of staying up late and waking up too early and drinking too much coffee...

For those who wonder...
I haven't received any reply on my request for a holiday,
and I'm not planning on buying a ticket before I get a positive reply on that...
To be continued



You'll love this link one of my colleagues emailed me friday: SCRAT-ISH

3 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asp.Net is just doing C# with some small different rules. Like the fact that you have client and serverside and that the serverside 'forgets' everything he knows as soon as he sends the content (html) to the client, unless you explicetly tell him to remember ;-)

The rest is just html and xml... the things you allready learnt at school :-D

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Visueliseren said...

did I ???

yes I did learn some of that... but only a real small part was about creating web-applications in .NET
And that happens to be the thing I'll work on for the next couple of weeks.

But thank you...
You make things sound so easy :-)
maybe they are

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant that you learnt html and xml at school. So the Asp.Net side should look familiar with the nodes and stuff... The part of bringing content from the database to the user interface is almost the same as with developing Windows-forms. The User interface is only different and requires some changes. If you develope an application using multitier, you should be able to have both Windows and Web interface talking to the same business-layer tier and data-layer tier. ;-)

But then again... I never actually developed an Windows application, so maybe I'm wrong about this. What I do know is that you are smart enough to get it done ;-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home