ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

And then it's W - E - E - K - E - N - D

Marvellous!

I can't remember my last plan-free weekend... but there it was... right this weekend... this is the one I want to remember until the next one comes. I strived to keep this weekend plan-free, and succeeded. Strive diligently to enter that rest. :-)

Hebrews 4:11 (Amplified Bible)
Let us therefore be zealous and exert ourselves and strive diligently to enter that rest [of God, to know and experience it for ourselves],

I watched a beautiful documentary "Etre et Avoir" with my roommate Friday.
Yesterday the sun woke me up. And it's a weird habit, but, if I have the chance, I love to go and watch the crocusses in Den Haag. So that's exactly what I did.
I'm sorry... the picture is not really as beautiful as I intended it to be, but it enables me to share this joy with you all a little.

Then there seemed to be some out-door-photography exposition, (fortunate) and during the entire morning, (GLORY GLORY) I enjoyed the sunlight. I stood there for about 15 minutes bathing in the sun. And after that, took this picture.
:-)
In Den Haag... people from some church in Den Haag were preaching the gospel on the streats. I started talking to one guy from that group. His first question was if I go to a church. Well, one has to start a conversation somewhere, so far so good. As he noticed I was a christian too, he started preaching - really preaching - about "their" church. Haha...
I've seen so many churches here in Zeist now... There is no such thing as an "ideal church". So I didn't repent from non-babtism-church-attending yesterday. ;-) But I WAS really happy seeing Christ being proclaimed.
Phillipians 1: 18But what does it matter, so long as either way, whether in pretense [for personal ends] or in all honesty [for the furtherance of the Truth], Christ is being proclaimed? And in that I [now] rejoice, yes, and I shall rejoice [hereafter] also.

So it only gets better, because as a result, I was all the more looking forward to go to the local reformed church here.
So this mornings service, I ran into my roommates parents who happen to be there. :-) They introduced me to people I never really met before. As I mentioned in my last post: greating strangers, meeting new people, is something that is really important to me. So I loved it.
That church is far from what I'm used to. It's not "evangelical" or a babtist-church. Its singing psalms, it's the organ, the pulpit, the program. For the natural eye it's your standard boring service. But God was present there. and that makes all the difference. I had trouble keeping my hands down while singing and praying (because I'm used to be more --- mmm --- expressive).
The church is in desperate need of the presence of God.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

etre et avoir is zo mooi
(God ook ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home