ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Dancing Queen

I've been sick last week...
---- yes again ----
Because of that,
  • I missed the bible-study-thing we're having on Thursday
  • I missed the bible-study-enclosing-weekend we had last weekend
  • I wasn't able to post anything uplifting really AND
  • Became aware of the fact that I should really take things down a little bit.

    "Don't worry about a thing, make all your requests known to God and the peace of God will guard your heart and thoughts"

Enfin - Enough Excuses

DANCING!!!

...it's quite commonplace to talk about "what are your plans for the coming weekend" on Fridays. So today that question came up more than once. And as I don't have any significant plans, people get surprised why I don't go out to dance... go to a club somewhere.
I always give some spiritual reply about "how the whole dancing - bar - club - scene is not really 'my thing'... I love to dance, but as soon as half-drunken-men start puffing in my ears, it takes away all the fun. And they always puff ;-)

BUT as I walked home, I started thinking (yes, I did! and it didn't hurt) why I don't dance, while I love to dance.

And the honest answer to myself actually IS the spiritual one: that I don't want to get myself wrapped up into a life that is about club-hopping and drunken - puffing men.

Still God put this desire in me to dance.

Why would He do that! It's not like His hobby is to get people as frustrated as can be, putting in them a desire to dance and then asking them not to.
So the one conclusion I could think of, would be, that dancing is designed - originally - for people to express themselves with. for people to worship God...
...and if God created music and dancing and art - and He gave all those artistic gifts to us...
...then why is music about the only artistic expression of worship that we know in churches???

In my first month as a christian (I was about 17 years old) I already knew there was something missing in the church. I looked around in the church, and saw young people "bored to the core"... and it hit me... because I knew God wasn't boring at all!

I'm NOT pleeding for churches to have Dj's come over or to turn services into clubs, And I really don't know how we could dance more in churches in a way that will honor God as God, since He is Holy, but I just can't believe He'll put a desire to dance in our hearts without any way to use it in worship of Him.


He isn't boring and He'll never be! He is the Creator, the Master Artist, The One Who Makes All things NEW. And today it hit me again: we - men - have put God into such a boring humanistic program, while I believe with ALL MY HEART that

God is inviting us TO DANCE!

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ja man bubbeltjesplastic kapot knijpen is bijna een therapeutische bezigheid.. kan zo apatisch starend op mn bed dat plastic bewerken..

hehe

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Stevie B said...

I've learned that dancing in the shower is potentially dangerous.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Visueliseren said...

It is...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home