ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

LIFE

I'm totally aware of my ...
... lack of posting any entries during the past few months really...

I couldn't possibly summarize all that has been happening
or briefly share all the small and big thoughts and revelations that have going through my mind.
So I'll just share today's thought as if it was last week that I posted.

This morning, as I was walking to go to work...
...it was colder then before,
...a bit darker outside when I woke up,
...a bit gloomier in the sky,
...trees were beginning to loose their leaves already!

And I just can't get around it: Summer has ended again, and Fall is coming.

Somehow I tend to take the seasons as a picture of how our lives can be.
Fall always seems like life is slowly going out...
trees look cold, pale, empty... and it doesn't look like they'll have any fruit/green on them anymore.
Sometimes I feel like I'm not fruitful in things I do...
and there are moments I feel less alive.

There are two really hopeful pictures in the Fall...
one is, whenever it feels like your life becomes dry and empty of life, you may get the most beautiful colors at that moment! You just may look more beautiful then ever.

When you finally let go of all the outward ' things' you're showing off with - the core of you becomes visible...
...and it's not dead at all...
...it'll get stronger during the storms and cold.

You need hope (for springtime to come) and faith (that you're really not dead, but being strengthened in who you really are, and one day you'll be fruitful again)

I hope this makes sense,
since it's late for me as I'm writing this.
But for me Fall, this new season, is a hopeful season.
colorful, challenging, from strength to strength.

I like it!

3 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wauw.....
Het is het lange wachten waard geweest. Blij dat je er weer bent :-)

André

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice

I like it too :)

x

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Elise,

Has been a while ago since your last post. Hope I'll read something new very soon.

Getter closer to Him is indeed very nice, especially when it's the way I'm getting closer.

Greetings,

Martin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home