ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Blessed are the hungry


I’m … being less valuable for my boss as I should today, because I only had like 4, 5 hours of sleep last night. But it was worth it, because I’ve had such an encouraging weekend!
I’ll try to summarise it:

A few young people of our church have been praying for the youth group every Sunday since the beginning of september. The past few times we’ve prayed specificly for the youth meeting we had last Saturday… I was asked to play the guitar… I was a bit nervous… in a healthy way, and after all the prayers I was really really exited about the evening.
During the meeting, I saw prayers being answered right before my eyes. There were like 20 teen – agers, all of them experienced God, and it was like all of them had a "place" in that meeting… which is a miracle in itself, because usually youngsters from that age do not accept each others differences so easily as they did last Saturday. That is what I love about being one (body) in Christ.

It may sound like an average meeting, but to our youth this is a huge miracle. Also, it was not the amount of teen-agers that counted, it’s the genuine touch of God… It ’s so important to experience Him. I’m so glad Gregg, Dan and Frank were there to serve these teen-agers that night. Next satuday me and some other girls are going to join the youth-meeting again, as a "follow-up".


Now last Sunday (the morning after ;-))Gregg, Dan, Frank & his wife & daughter, Loes and LJ were in our Sunday-morning-meeting. For me, I was so glad to be able to talk (shortly) to them. And I was so encouraged by the testimonies, prayers and just the fact that they were there with us.A lot of teen-agers who were there on Saturday, were there as well (it was great to see they were eager to experience more)… I’ve asked some girls to give me their adress, so we could write eachother, that would be great! My vision for Dutch teenagers has been refreshed during that meeting…
sigh If only words could tell what’s on my heart


Yesterday evening I joined my mom and a colleague and a friend to a healing-meeting somewhere in Holland. It lasted till midnight, but it was worth it, both the colleague and the friend got touched by God, and a lot of miracles happened that evening!
And I was so exited to see faith and hope like rising in people during that evening. BUT something struck me… which made me sad in a way: this pastor who is dilligently serving this sick nation, is doing what all Dutch christians should be doing: preach the gospel, preach hope, and lay hands on the sick. Well, even though the music, and the way they arrange the whole evening is not "my style", it’s great that this church is known for miracles and hope.

I’m going home… write one of the girls I got an adress from, and ehm… EAT
Blessed are the hungry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home