ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Childish?!

Sometimes I just forget things I think about…
And I thought, I should share my thoughts more often…

as I was walking through Sliedrecht this evening (the place I was born&raised) I thought about how I feel when I’m “on fire”;
That the whole world just does not matter to me, and I even don’t feel at home in this world, because I have such a strong sense of belonging to Jesus only. And it’s such a state of knowing the Truth and being free and filled with joy despite circumstances, and hating everything that presents a weak example and/or a twisted view of the truth, fullness of joy and peace that God presents. It's being in a state where the Holy Spirit just naturally sais: this is good, and this is not.
Today I thought about that, and I missed it…
And I prayed: Holy Spirit, please testify with my spirit.
I don’t know why that little verse came in to my mind.
It’s from Romans 8:16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our own spirit that we are children of God.

Usually I think about this verse like: Praise God, I’m His child… and nothing else. So I started think about it: what does the Holy Spirit testify.
So let me think... This verse actually points out that I am a child of God.
Which means… I am a child of the Holy One, of the Almighty One.
Being His child means I look like Him, I AM LIKE HIM. I look/behave the same. It’s like a small copy.
So…
…being His child means: Being holy as He is Holy.
And if I pray the Holy Spirit to testify with my Spirit that I’m His child, that I’m not only praying: Lord, make me feel accepted once again…
But I’m praying: Holy Spirit help me to be like He is, testify with my spirit how Holy He is, and what I am like / should be like.

This is just a thought of what Romans 8:16 is about, I’m not done thinking about it, but didn’t want to loose my thoughts on this either…

If only I’d really get a hold of this truth…

For[even the whole] creation (all nature) waits expectantly and longs earnestly for God’s sons to be made known [waits for the revealing, the disclosing of their sonship].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home