ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Monday, September 26, 2005

you-nity!!!

You-NITY

Right after this intense week of study... I had an intense weekend at You-nity. It was near Doetinchem. In the east of Holland... Near Germany actually.

I couldn't possibly get all the experiences of this weekend in one entry.
The great thing was...
...how striking... the unity.

How gossip and critisicm have made the church in Holland sick and ineffective. And how God is raising His people up to be one, to be His people.

I guess the average age was 16. But there were a lot of young people around 12 years old as well. And they were hungry for God, going after Him and having His wisdom. I was amazed and very glad to see that. I always believed that God especially uses teen-agers to be powerful for Him. Change nations by loving Him, by knowing they're loved by Him.
1 John has some good verses about God's gifts for teen-agers. But in the bible a few kings were 16 and 17 and 18 years old. Maria was young when she gave birth to Jesus.

There is something powerful in young people and God loves it so much, because He has made young people powerful like that. It s a power that sais: I know I'm loved by God, Jesus died for us all, we all believe in the same Jezus, so lets stop the $#@&#* and let His will be done.

This is not a christian bless-me party-club.
God is raising this army of young people... and He is Mighty


Besides that.. I met some great people... I had a good time with three girls from my church (Natasja, Nikita and Lisa) and a lot of people that Natasja already knew. It was great to see Natasja step out in the thing God called her to do (this weekend, but also in the future) To teach about dance and to dance.

Friday... Saturday... had some good seminars... About the gifts of the Holy SPirit and identity in CHrist. Yesterday afternoon we had the last meeting. We had a dance to show (which was fun to do) and after that, we started praising... and all I could think of was David... David being a man after God's heart. And my prayer at that moment was... to be a woman after God's heart.

Well after singing a few songs, a woman came up and started to share something. Ones she started talking (she only spoke three words or something) I started crying. I don't know why, I asked, but still don't know. There was no conviction of anything, no tangible things going on in my heart at that moment. It didn't even feel like I needed some underlying stress to get out...
I just cried.
The only thing I know is that it was God, and it was somehow liberating and it was very good to be there at that moment.

At 6pm we were all having a after-you-nity-weekend-moment at Mac Donalds. We just had fun.

I just had a good time there. =)

4 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Broadband Guy said...

Gina Spadafori's Pet Column
Gina Spadafori is the award-winning author of "Dogs for Dummies," "Cats for Dummies" and "Birds for Dummies." She is also affiliated with the Veterinary Information Network Inc., an international online service ...
I hope this blog doesn't just disappear as it's so much better than the others.... I visit often and I love it. Keep blogging! ô¿ò And if you have some time come by my t1 line website. That is if your interested in t1 line.

Thanks!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Visueliseren said...

I usually delete comments like this... but this one is funny...

"Birds for Dummies"?!

Some people are just brilliant

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger dromerige dromedaris said...

Yo Elise!:)

jij ook hier @ bloggersworld?
haha:)
He ik vond het tof dat je er dit weekend bij was! ik heb genoten van je (gesnurk) ;) haha
groetjes kinza

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Visueliseren said...

kinza... nouhou...
nou weet iedereen dat ik snurk...

Hehe...
't was idd te gek om erbij te zijn...

Msn heb ik ook... volgens mij staat bij debora op haar blog de link naa rmijn nederlandstalige weblog... da's misschien ehm... beter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home