ReFolutionair

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Working 9 till 5

When I started my job, I just knew that somehow I'd learn a lot, even though the job is simple; following orders that's all.

I've learned how to do certain tasks that are essential in the department, BUT that's not what I'm talking about...
This week, I was at work, I had some things to do, but not enough to fill my day with. Somehow no-one seemed to have time to teach me how to do something new.
So, I got myself my third cup of coffee,
And a third visit to the toilet (the place where great insight-moments take place, and the place of deliverance)
So there I was, thinking about my job, and in my thoughts I said: "I'm doing absolutely nothing"

It's like a simple cry of someone feeling useless for this sickly achievement oriented society or something like that.
And immediately an answer-thought came: "True", "Sometimes you just don't have to do anything."

It's difficult to feel valuable when you're actually doing nothing. But God is not really interested in 'me-being-busy'... He created me, and therefore I am useful and valuable, I cannot do anything about it. That is such a relieve! But also something I have to learn... I'm still learning this... but this week was like a revelation on that.

I'm not saying that from now on I will make a total mess of my life, body, job, study, relations...
But the case is, not to measure who I am in Christ, on what I achieve / on how busy I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home